Quality and Standards Officer
- Reference Number
- Northampton Square Map & Directions
- School / Service
- Professional Services
- Student and Academic Services
- Contract Duration
- Fixed Term
- Salary Range (£)
- 36613 to 42418
City, University of London is a global university committed to academic excellence with a focus on business and the professions and an enviable central London location.
City attracts around 19,500 students (35% postgraduate level) from more than 150 countries and staff from over 75 countries.
In the last REF, City doubled the proportion of its total academic staff producing world-leading or internationally excellent research.
Led by President, Professor Sir Paul Curran, City has made signiﬁcant investments in its academic staff, its estate and its infrastructure and continues to work towards realising its vision of being a leading global university: it has recently agreed a new Vision & Strategy 2026.
The Quality and Academic Development Department (QUAD) is based within Student and Academic Services, providing professional leadership for activities supporting the student journey. QUAD is responsible for oversight of Senate academic policy and quality frameworks, and professional support of programme development and review, research degree provision, compliance and external partnership activity.
We are looking for an experienced individual to provide support for changing internal and external developments, including work arising from the University Vision and Strategy, the Office for Students (OfS), the Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) and Quality Assurance Agency (QAA).
The purpose of this 8 month fixed-term role is to provide high level support for the co-ordination of our institutional response to changing regulatory and quality assurance requirements and internal policy reviews. This includes undertaking analysis to support decision making and updating of our business-as-usual operations.
The Quality and Standards Officer also provides day-to-day management for a range of City’s quality and standards processes and plays an important role in supporting their efficient operation. This involves working closely with senior Officers, Schools, other Professional Services and students.
Knowledge and qualifications
• Degree (or equivalent)
• Excellent knowledge of the national quality assurance framework
• A clear understanding of the complexity of Higher Education in relation to (i) student learning, (ii) maintenance of academic quality and standards and associated risks, (iii) the broader student experience and (iv) evolving and complex implications of the external national and international quality assurance environment.
• Strong communication skills (presentational, written and verbal)
• Ability to produce high quality written reports to support decision making.
• Ability to support policy and procedure development.
• Analytical skills and the initiative and creativity to propose considered solutions to problems based on understanding of the University educational context, experience and expertise.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Proven ability to independently and proactively manage a varied workload that will have conflicting priorities.
• Diplomacy, discretion and sensitivity to wider contexts.
• Project support and coordination skills in order to support the effective delivery of strategic initiatives.
• Proficient IT skills across a wide range of applications, including general Office software.
• Demonstrable experience of being part of a Higher Education environment or similar context
• Experience of analysing and disseminating information efficiently and effectively.
• Experience of working with a range of people at different levels within an organisation.
• Experience of committee support and servicing
offers a sector-leading salary, pension scheme and benefits including a
comprehensive package of staff training and development.
date for applications: 23.59 27 March 2018.
working to promote equal opportunity and diversity.
excellence for business and the professions.
Please use the link below to view further details for this job.