Department of Computer Science Data Science PhD Studentships
- Reference Number
- Data Science PhD Studentships
- Northampton Square Map & Directions
- School / Service
- School of Mathematics, Computer Science & Engineering
- Department of Computer Science
- Contract Duration
- Fixed Term
The Department of Computer Science at City, University of London is offering two full-time, three-year doctoral studentships for 2018/19 entry. Applications are invited from exceptional UK, EU and international graduates wishing to pursue cutting-edge research in Data Science. Data Science includes all aspects of extracting insight from data, including data processing, data analysis, machine learning, and data visualisation.
What is Offered
A doctoral studentship will provide:
• An annual bursary (£16,000 in 2018/19)
• A full tuition fee for UK and EU students. Applications from overseas applicants are welcome but the applicant must make appropriate arrangements to cover the difference between the overseas and UK tuition fee.
The studentships will be awarded on the basis of outstanding academic achievement and the potential to produce cutting edge-research.
• Applicants must hold at least a 2.1 honours degree or merit level Masters degree in a relevant subject (or international equivalent)
• Applicants whose first language is not English must have achieved at least 6.5 in IELTS or a recognised equivalent
• Applicants must not be currently registered as a doctoral student at City, University of London or any other academic institution.
How to Apply
Applications must consist of: a research degree application form, three page research proposal (please see attached below), proof of academic qualifications, proof of English language proficiency (if you do not speak English as your first language) and two confidential references (one of which must be an academic reference).
The above documents should be compiled into a single document and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 27th 2018. Please use the following subject in your submission: Data Science PhD Studentship Application.
You are strongly encouraged to discuss your application in advance with a potential supervisor in the Department of Computer Science.
As part of your career development, you will be expected to contribute up to a maximum of three hours of unpaid teaching/lab demonstration assistance each week.
Please use the link below to view further details for this job.