Strategy Support Officer
- Reference Number
- Northampton Square Map & Directions
- School / Service
- Professional Services
- Student and Academic Services
- Contract Duration
- Salary Range (£)
- 28936 to 35550
City, University of London is a global university committed to academic excellence with a focus on business and the professions and an enviable central London location.
City attracts around 19,500 students (35% postgraduate level) from more than 150 countries and staff from over 75 countries.
In the last REF, City doubled the proportion of its total academic staff producing world-leading or internationally excellent research.
Led by President, Professor Sir Paul Curran, City has made signiﬁcant investments in its academic staff, its estate and its infrastructure and continues to work towards realising its vision of being a leading global university: it has recently agreed a new Vision & Strategy 2026.
The Strategy Support Officer position sits within the Student Experience & Engagement Department which forms part of the Student & Academic Services Directorate. The Student Experience & Engagement Department (SEED) works to support City in developing an exceptional student experience and a transformative student journey. The Strategy Support Officer will provide the administrative support required to assist in the delivery of City’s Education and Student Strategy and Access Agreement with the Office for Fair Access.
The role will support implementation, development and engagement activities associated with the Access Agreement and the Education & Student Strategy; support day-to-day management of City’s Access Agreement activity, including monitoring and reporting; coordinate and contribute to reports supporting City’s access and progression work; support monitoring processes for Access Agreement budgets and financial support; support a range of institutional committees.
Required skills and abilities:
• Confident interpersonal skills that can be applied to a range of audiences from students to Senior Officers, including in challenging circumstances
• Strong verbal and written communication skills that support the nature of the role and the professionalism of Student and Academic Services
• Ability to produce relevant and accurate information, including numerical data, to support decision-making
• Creative/innovative approach to delivering work
• Excellent organisation skills and ability to handle competing priorities
• Clear evidence of the ability to work independently and as part of a team
• The ability to work with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to analyse problems and identify potential solutions
• Strong and confident IT skills
City offers a sector-leading salary, pension scheme and benefits including a comprehensive package of staff training and development.
Closing date for applications: 23:59 on 22 February 2018
Interviews will be held on 28 February 2018.
Actively working to promote equal opportunity and diversity
Academic excellence for business and the professions
Please use the link below to view further details for this job.