Events and Programmes Administrator
- Reference Number
- Bunhill Row, Northampton Square Map & Directions
- School / Service
- Cass Business School
- Centre for Charity Effectiveness
- Contract Duration
- Salary Range (£)
- 24983 to 28098
City, University of London is a global university committed to academic excellence with a focus on business and the professions and an enviable central London location.
City attracts around 19,500 students (35% postgraduate level) from more than 150 countries and staff from over 75 countries.
In the last REF, City doubled the proportion of its total academic staff producing world-leading or internationally excellent research.
Led by President, Professor Sir Paul Curran, City has made signiﬁcant investments in its academic staff, its estate and its infrastructure and continues to work towards realising its vision of being a leading global university: it has recently agreed a new Vision & Strategy 2026.
The Centre for Charity Effectiveness (Cass CCE) is located within the Faculty of Management at Cass Business School and is a leading nonprofit and philanthropy centre in the UK. We aspire to see a voluntary, community and social enterprise sector constantly extending its own knowledge boundaries and driving performance excellence – whilst developing and inspiring the next generation of leaders. For more than 10 years, Cass CCE has been enhancing performance across the nonprofit sector through Education, Knowledge Sharing, Research and Independent Advice.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
• the organisation, coordination and administration of events and professional development programmes
• administration support for consultancy projects
• project support for the Centre’s Social Finance programme
• contributing to Cass CCE’s business development
• acting as the main point of contact for the Centre
• recruitment and management of student ambassadors working for the Centre
The successful candidate will:
• be able to work on their own initiative and as part of a small team
• have excellent organisational and administrative skills and be able to manage their own workload and prioritise tasks in order to meet deadlines
• have excellent communication skills, written and verbal
• have strong interpersonal, customer focused skills
• be willing to be flexible as some events are breakfasts and other might not finish until later in the evening
The successful candidate will have experience of working with databases/CRM systems, some experience of managing financial records, experience of event management or project administration, and be proficient in the Office suite of programmes and using the internet for research.
City offers a sector-leading salary, pension scheme and benefits including a comprehensive package of staff training and development.
Closing date for applications: 23:59 on 25 February 2018
Interviews will be held on Friday 2nd March 2018.
Actively working to promote equal opportunity and diversity
Academic excellence for business and the professions
Please use the link below to view further details for this job.