Ten Doctoral Studentships
- Reference Number
- Ten Doctoral Studentships
- Northampton Square Map & Directions
- School / Service
- School of Mathematics, Computer Science & Engineering
- Contract Duration
- Salary Range (£)
- 16000 to 16000
The School of Mathematics, Computer Science and Engineering at City, University of London is offering ten full-time, three-year doctoral studentships for 2018/19 entry. Applications are invited from exceptional UK, EU and international graduates wishing to pursue cutting-edge research in any of the School's key research areas.
The School is investing in academic excellence following its success in the REF 2014 which highlighted the world class quality of its research.
What is Offered
A doctoral studentship will provide:
• An annual bursary (£16,000 in 2018/19)
• A full tuition fee for UK and EU students. Applications from overseas applicants are welcome but the applicant must make appropriate arrangements to cover the difference between the overseas and UK tuition fee.
The studentships will be awarded on the basis of outstanding academic achievement and the potential to produce cutting edge-research.
• Applicants must hold at least a 2.1 honours degree or merit level Masters degree in a relevant subject (or international equivalent)
• Applicants whose first language is not English must have achieved at least 6.5 in IELTS or a recognised equivalent
• Applicants must not be currently registered as a doctoral student at City, University of London or any other academic institution.
How to Apply
Applications must consist of: a research degree application form, three page research proposal, proof of academic qualifications, proof of English language proficiency (if you do not speak English as your first language) and two confidential references (one of which must be an academic reference). Further details are available at http://www.city.ac.uk/citygraduateschool/fees-and-funding/university-doctoral-studentships
The above documents should be compiled into a single document and submitted to email@example.com by 11.59pm 26 April 2018.
Applications are welcome from individuals wishing to pursue research in any of the areas listed below. You are strongly encouraged to discuss your application in advance with a potential supervisor in the School. As part of your career development, you will be expected to contribute up to a maximum of three hours of unpaid teaching/lab demonstration assistance each week.
Please follow the links to the School’s Research Centres to find out more.
• Centre for Compressor Technology
• Centre for Information Science
• Research Centre for Software Reliability
• Centre of Excellence in Temporary Works and Construction Method Engineering
• Department of Mathematics
• Research Centre for Adaptive Computing Systems
• Research Centre for Biomedical Engineering
• Research Centre for Civil Engineering Structures
• Research Centre for Aerodynamics and Flow Control
• Research Centre for Thermo-Fluids
• Research Centre for Fluid-Structure Interaction
• Research Centre for Human‐Computer Interaction Design
• Research Centre for Machine Learning
• Research Centre for Multi-scale Geotechnical Engineering
• Research Centre for Photonics and Instrumentation
• Research Centre for Systems and Control